The Akshi Foundation is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
We may from time to time use personal data otherwise than in accordance with this policy. Where this is the case you will be informed before such use.
Information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.akshiyogashala.org (‘our site’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and/or
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on Vigyanshala (Partner of Akshi Foundation) secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone even with any staff of Akshi Foundation.
We use classified encryption protocol developed by Vigyanshala to secure your data.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with membership services and enhanced member benefits (for example to provide you with copies of and electronic access to our journal and other relevant publications)
- To provide you with information, details of events, services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Where you have applied to a third party for a member benefit to confirm to such third party that you are a student or member of Akshi Yogashalaand therefore entitled to such member benefit.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
We may provide anonymised and/or aggregated data (including, but not limited to, diversity data) to third parties.
We will not sell your data to any third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- To provide any services that you ask us to carry out either through the website or otherwise (including, for example, for equivalence purposes).
Disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.